Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Welcome to the World Baby Holden!

We welcomed my baby brother, Holden Lewis Spears, into the world on June 28, 2012.  He was born at 10:38 am and weighed 7 lbs 3 oz.  Mommy and Holden handled the c-section like champs.  Many people came to see him on his special day.    


Fresh out of the oven!



Everybody texting pictures after Holden's grand appearance in the nursery.



You may be wondering why on earth Papaw has a football and football jersey on at the hospital?  This was a gift from us over Christmas and also our way of breaking the news to them that I was going to be a big brother.  The "11" on the jersey signifies Holden as being their 11th grandchild, enough to make a football team.  Clever, no?



Sweet baby...


Nana, Papaw, Aunt Dina, Mason and Avery admiring Holden from afar.


Gammy was just as sleep deprived as Mom and Dad for those first few days.  
What a good Gammy she is!



Let's not forget about the Wenk girls!  
They were especially excited at their visit to see Holden, even baby Shelby. 




We celebrated Holden's special day by having a "birth" party, complete with presents, party hats and cupcakes.  Mom and Dad knew this would be a good way to introduce me for the first time to my baby brother since I just love a good birthday party!  I even got a few gifts of my very own :)  Happy "Birth" Day Little Brother!


\

Brotherly love...



A slight moment when I decided to revert back to babyhood.



Daddy says Holden inherited Mom's long toes.  I think he's right!